This course is in English.
This practical workshop teaches your employees the knowledge and skills needed to verify ID documents effectively, including high-quality digital scans and copies.
With this course we aim to offer valuable information on ID documents, document verification, design and development, testing, security features, printing techniques and fraud prevention.
• Learn how to recognise forged, counterfeit & fantasy documents (including scans & copies)
• Detect and deter sophisticated ID fraud
• Recognise and inspect security features
• Recognise impostors instantly
• Enhance your customer on-boarding procedures
The course is addressed to:
• Forex companies
• Lawyers & Fiduciary companies
• Banks/Financial institutions
• Accounting & Audit firms
• Other companies where the staff is responsible for checking passports/other travel documents, ID cards, visas and residence permits
This course can be offered in-house, based to your business needs.
Latest trends and information on forged, counterfeit ID documents
Security paper, synthetics and security paper additions
Offset, intaglio, silkscreen, letterpress and rainbow print
Ultra-violet, infra-red, optically variable and iridescent
• Tactical and technical profiling
• Impostor test
Introduction on how to use a reference database
Mode of study
Method of instruction
Michael van Gestel works as a Supervisor Content Management / Document Expert at Keesing Technologies.
Michael has accumulated extensive knowledge of ID documents. He is an expert in the field of ID document authentication. For many years, he has worked in government positions at the Dutch Immigration Office and the Forgery Department at Schiphol Airport. Michael has built a strong expertise in the investigation of document fraud at borders, especially fraud cases concerning travelers crossing borders countries. The past years, Michael has worked as an International Document Trainer at the Expertise Centre Identity Fraud and Documents (ECID), sharing his knowledge by providing ID Document Authentication training for, among others, embassies, consulates, airlines, security agencies, immigration offices and police departments all over the globe. Michael is one of the founders of the Keesing ID Academy.
For more info call us on: