Establishing an internal audit function from the scratch can look like a daunting challenge, but following a structured approach and prioritizing what should be done first can facilitate the process.
A careful approach will also help build trust in organizations that may have no experience with internal audit or may be suspicious of its motives.
Someone has to review/audit if the work is done in compliance with company’s policies and procedures and to ensure that no fraud or abuse is taking place.
• understand core principles of Internal Audit
• understand the importance and benefits of having an Internal Audit Function (IAF)
• Learn the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (Standards)
• Learn the steps required to set up an Internal Audit Function
• Identify all the necessary policies and procedures required
• Learn the important elements in policies and procedures of the IAF
• Core Principles
• International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (Standards)
• Setting up the IAF
o Internal Audit Charter
o Internal Audit Manual
o Entity Risk Assessment
o Annual Audit Plan
o Planning and Performing Internal Audit Engagements
o Internal Audit reports
• Responsibilities of Internal Audit related to Fraud
• Practice session
• Case Studies - Discussion/Questions
Target Audience :
• Internal Auditors
• External Auditors (offering outsourced Internal Audit services)
• Board of Directors
• Members of Audit Committees
• Chief Executive Owners/Chief Financial Officers
• Business owners
The course may be approved for up to 6 CPD units verified directly by the participant's association, regulator or other bodies which holds membership.
*Group rates available. **Early Bird discount may apply.
This course can be offered inhouse, customised to your business needs.
THIS COURSE IS NOT SUBSIDIZED BY HRDA, PLEASE IGNORE THE DOCUMENTS YOU MIGHT RECEIVE UPON YOUR REGISTRATION.
Method of instruction
Chrystalla is a holder of a Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, an MBA from CIIM and a Banking Certificate from the American Bankers Association. She is a Chartered Certified Accountant (ACCA) and a Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), member of the Board of Directors and Training Director of ACFE Cyprus and member of ACFE Global. She is also a member of ICPAC, of the Cyprus Institute of Internal Auditors and of ISACA Cyprus Chapter. She has 20 years of experience in the Banking sector, in two of the largest financial institutions in Cyprus, and has also experience in the Corporate Services sector. Her expertise mainly focuses in Risk Management, Regulatory Compliance/AML, Corporate Governance, Internal Audit, Fraud Risk Management and Fraud Investigations. Currently, she is the Head-Internal Audit Function of a private company, a corporate trainer of Professional Development courses and an Internal Audit/Fraud Investigations Consultant.