Undoubtedly, cases of fraud show an increasing trend and constitute a significant threat to any business, which can result in crippling impact including huge losses, high legal and investigative fees and reputation damage.
All businesses are subject to fraud risks. Internal Audit has an important role to play in supporting the Board's and Audit Committee's oversight of risk management by ensuring that Management has effective systems in place to detect and prevent fraudulent practices within the business.
This includes assessing the design and effectiveness of controls in an organization, including controls involving fraud risk management, and providing assurance to Management and the Board that controls are designed appropriately and function effectively.
• Learn the responsibilities of Internal Audit for Fraud Prevention
• Learn the basic components of the COSO Internal Control Integrated Framework
• Understand the importance and benefits of having an effective Internal Control System
• Learn the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (Standards)
• Learn the steps in performing a Fraud Risk Assessment
• Identify all the necessary policies and procedures required to implement an effective Internal Control System
• Internal Audit Fundamentals
• Responsibilities of Internal Audit related to Fraud
• International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (Standards)
• Performing a Fraud Risk Assessment
• Effective Internal Control Systems
• Internal Auditors
• External Auditors (offering outsourced Internal Audit services)
• Board of Directors
• Members of Audit Committees
• Chief Executive Owners/Chief Financial Officers
• Business owners
The course may be approved for up to 3 CPD units verified directly by the participant's association, regulator or other bodies which holds membership.
*Group rates available. **Early Bird discount may apply.
This course can be offered inhouse, customised to your business needs.
THIS COURSE IS NOT SUBSIDIZED BY HRDA, PLEASE IGNORE THE DOCUMENTS YOU MIGHT RECEIVE UPON YOUR REGISTRATION.
Method of instruction
Chrystalla is a holder of a Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, an MBA from CIIM and a Banking Certificate from the American Bankers Association. She is a Chartered Certified Accountant (ACCA) and a Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), member of the Board of Directors and Training Director of ACFE Cyprus and member of ACFE Global. She is also a member of ICPAC, of the Cyprus Institute of Internal Auditors and of ISACA Cyprus Chapter. She has 20 years of experience in the Banking sector, in two of the largest financial institutions in Cyprus, and has also experience in the Corporate Services sector. Her expertise mainly focuses in Risk Management, Regulatory Compliance/AML, Corporate Governance, Internal Audit, Fraud Risk Management and Fraud Investigations. Currently, she is the Head-Internal Audit Function of a private company, a corporate trainer of Professional Development courses and an Internal Audit/Fraud Investigations Consultant.
For Companies and Unemployed Individuals, the prices shown below are after the deduction of the HRDA subsidy.
More information is provided during the registration process, including the HRDA Terms and Conditions for eligibility.
VAT (19%) is included on the prices below.