Understanding of financial data and professional communication in today's business is governed by Basic Principles of Accounting and is needed by every employee and businessman. Also, understanding basic financial statements and obtaining in-depth analysis skills, through ratio analysis, can help all entrepreneurs/businessowners in taking better strategic decisions for their company.
• understand basic concepts of the Financial Statements.
• obtain necessary knowledge for interpretation of Financial Statements.
• Identify critical points/indicators in Financial Statements.
• Learn how to address any identified weaknesses.
• Learn how to communicate with professional accountants and statutory auditors.
• Basic Financial Statements and their importance
o Statement of Profit or Loss and Other Comprehensive Income
o Statement of Financial Position
o Statement of Cash Flows
o Important terms
o Expenditure categories
o Comparative Analysis
• Assessment and Interpretation of Financial Statements
o Ratio Analysis
o Indicators/weaknesses/critical points
o Practice session
• Case Studies - Discussion/Questions
• Chief Executive Officers/General Managers
• Business owners with no accounting knowledge
• CFOs and Financial Controllers wishing to refresh their knowledge
• Staff handling accounting/finance tasks seeking to enhance their knowledge
• Lawyers dealing with client financial issues
*The course may be approved for up to 6CPD units verified directly by the participant's association, regulator or other bodies which holds membership.
** For the Cyprus Bar Association Members this counts as part of their Continuous Professional Development, qualified as Non-verifiable CPDs.
THIS COURSE IS NOT SUBSIDIZED BY HRDA, PLEASE IGNORE THE DOCUMENTS YOU MIGHT RECEIVE UPON YOUR REGISTRATION.
Method of instruction
Chrystalla is a holder of a Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, an MBA from CIIM and a Banking Certificate from the American Bankers Association. She is a Chartered Certified Accountant (ACCA) and a Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), member of the Board of Directors and Training Director of ACFE Cyprus and member of ACFE Global. She is also a member of ICPAC, of the Cyprus Institute of Internal Auditors and of ISACA Cyprus Chapter. She has 20 years of experience in the Banking sector, in two of the largest financial institutions in Cyprus, and has also experience in the Corporate Services sector. Her expertise mainly focuses in Risk Management, Regulatory Compliance/AML, Corporate Governance, Internal Audit, Fraud Risk Management and Fraud Investigations. Currently, she is the Head-Internal Audit Function of a private company, a corporate trainer of Professional Development courses and an Internal Audit/Fraud Investigations Consultant.
For Companies and Unemployed Individuals, the prices shown below are after the deduction of the HRDA subsidy.
More information is provided during the registration process, including the HRDA Terms and Conditions for eligibility.
VAT (19%) is included on the prices below.